Increasing muscle mass is a timely process that requires many facets of training and eating to be working in the same direction. Not doing one of these processes correctly will essentially reduce the potential for muscles to increase in size.
The factors that have to be incorporated for muscles to ‘bulk up” include:
- Ensure you are lifting weights to’ failure’ (a process whereby you physically cannot lift the weight any more
- Ensure you are eating enough protein at eating at least 5-6 smaller meals per day rather than 3 big meals
- Have complex carbohydrates with each meal to aid in muscle growth and repair
- Be wary of doing too much endurance cardio work as this will break down muscle fibre
- Ensure you are drinking lots of water minimum 2litres per day