Don’t let Unhealthy Supper Ruin the Day
It’s the danger time of day, you’ve eaten superbly all day, salads, lean meats, vegetables, nuts and fruit. You’ve had a healthy dinner but are needing something else a few hours after. Listen to your body here, don’t starve it, just be smart with your choices in what to consume before bed.
Some dessert/supper ideas include:
– Low fat/sugar plain Greek yoghurt with a handful or almonds or walnuts
– Protein smoothie with either milk or water and whey protein powder
– Ricotta or Cottage cheese on a low GI cracker (Riveta) with a small dash or cinnamon and honey
– Small serving of cheese and almonds
– Small serving of dark chocolate and a glass of milk
These suggestions are higher in protein and will leave you move satisfied and in fact feed your muscles as you sleep.