Good Health: Exercising During Pregnancy
July 21st, 2016 0 Comments
Congratulations, you and your partner are expecting. Let’s assess your fitness regime to see what modifications need to be made.
- Ensure you maintain a comfortable body temperature, don’t train out in the middle of the day or in gymnasiums with no air conditioning;
- Use the “talk test” as a good measure of intensity. If you cannot talk comfortably during the exercise you then you may need to lower your intensity;
- Some guidelines suggest that you do not exceed a heart rate over 140bpm (drawing blood away from the placenta);
- Reduce your abdominal isolated movements, don’t perform abdominal crunches and if any movement feels uncomfortable, you are better off avoiding it;
- Do not increase your training load.