Personal Training Screening
Starting a personal training session, your first session will be a consultation here are some of the questions we ask in our initial consultations to get to know you.
1. Has your doctor ever told you that you have a heart condition or have you ever suffered a stroke?
2. Do you ever experience unexplained pains in your chest at rest or during physical activate/exercise?
3. Do you ever feel faint or have spells of dizziness during physical activity/exercise that causes you to lose balance?
4. Have you had an asthma attack requiring immediate medical attention at any time over the last 12 months?
5. If you have diabetes (type 1 or 2) have you had trouble controlling your blood glucose in the last 3 months?
6. Do you have any diagnosed muscle, bone, joint problems that you have been told could be made worse by participating
in physical activity/exercise?
7. Do you have any other medical conditions that may make it dangerous for you to participate in physical exercise/activity
With this information your trainer will help assess if you require a doctors appointment before you should start training. If you do require a clearance from your doctor you just need to book an appointment and discuss any topics of concerns from these questions that the trainer has highlighted with you.
Once you are cleared and fine to commence fitness training, your coach can then plan a session to meet your goals.