The Many Benefits of Doing Squats
Squats are one of the most important moves in the gym.
They have many variations and can be done both with weight and just bodyweight.
The many benefits that stem from doing squats include:
– Increased lean muscles mass in your legs which in turn boosts your metabolism
– Increased core muscle strength due to activation of the lower back muscles and abdominals during the squat motion
– Squats will create stronger legs which will allow you to run faster and longer
– Squats burn a lot of calories per minute because you are activating so many muscle groups during the overall movement
– Squats will increase bone mineral density and inhibit the potential of osteoporosis, which is accelerated by a lack of movement and strength training.
By Lukas Chodat
Photo sourced from The Illawarra Mercury