New Year’s Resolution: How to succeed in 2016
Here are our top tips to make 2016 your most successful year yet, It’s time to get moving!
1. Reflect on 2015. What did or didn’t you achieve? What barriers got in your way and stopped you from achieving what you wanted to? What can you do differently in 2016, think about ways to improve upon the past not beat yourself up about it.
2. Share your goal with friends and family to encourage them to join you and also make a positive lifestyle change. Create a support network directly related to your goals maybe a friend whose values align with what you are trying to achieve or an expert in the field – Dietitian, Personal trainer, Quitline worker.
3. Make your goal visible. Write it down, place a reminder in your wallet, stick it on the fridge, place it in your diary/calendar, hang up your ‘motivational’ outfit. The goal you are trying to achieve doesn’t always need to be the visual but maybe your motivation behind it is – a picture of your family, the company you want to work for, that next holiday.
4.Set a time frame for achieving your goal. We suggest a 3 month or 12 week target. Make it realistic and ask for advice from professionals if you are unsure on what that realistic goal should look like.
5. One step at a time. Now you have your 3 month target break it down into small changes. One behaviour at a time, think a 10% difference, or as we like to call it the least noticeable difference to start with. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single small step!
6. Make the time and take ownership of your goal. We all have the same 24 hours in the day, it’s just how we prioritize tasks that differs. Identify time wasters and replace them with tasks that align with the resolution you are trying to achieve.
~Team Chodat x