Tips For a Safe and Successful Strength Program
Strength training whether it involves weighted or body weight exercises can present a range if difficult movements that can place the body in unsafe situations if not performed correctly and with guidance.
Tips for a safe and successful strength program include:
- Warm up and cool down at each session
- Focus on form not weight (how much you are lifting)
- Work at the right tempo to avoid getting movement from momentum
- Keep challenging your muscles by slowly increasing weight/resistance, but ensuring your technique is good
- Pay attention to your breathing during workouts, this helps with control and load
- Work each major muscle group at least 2-3 times per week
- Give your muscles time off, as strength training causes minor tears in the muscle (this is the soreness we feel a day after the session), at least 48 hours between your next strength training session on the same muscle group
Contact us if we can help further in creating a program for you!
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.